- What is the address of the hotel?
Embassy Suites by Hilton Chicago Downtown Magnificient Mile 511 North Columbus Drive, Chicago, Illinois 60611
- What is the hotel cost? How do I make a hotel reservation? What if I have to cancel my hotel reservation?
A hotel reservation link will be sent in an email after you register for the conference. If you need to cancel your hotel reservation, you will need to contact the hotel.
- Up to 2 people- $238 per night
- Up to 3 people- $248 per night
- Up to 4-6 people- $258 per night
- Is there transportation from the airport to the hotel?
The hotel does not provide a shuttle service.
Chicago O’Hare International Airport (ORD) is located 16 miles from the downtown Chicago Embassy Suites, and Midway International Airport (MDW) is 12 miles away.
There are five (5) ways to get from the airport to Embassy Suites by Hilton Chicago Downtown Magnificent Mile by “L” train, bus, taxi, car, or limousine.
From Chicago Midway Airport: https://www.rome2rio.com/map/Chicago-Midway-Airport-MDW/Embassy-Suites-by-Hilton-Chicago-Downtown-Magnificent-Mile
From Chicago O’Hare Airport:
- How can I get around in downtown Chicago?
The “L” train, a system of elevated rail and subway trains, and city bus are the primary way to get around the Windy City.
Check the CTA website for transportation information.
To get to Navy Pier from the hotel, take the free trolley. Look for the Trolley sign near the hotel.
Free Trolley – The Navy Pier free trolley stops at multiple attractions near Navy Pier in downtown Chicago, in addition to Navy Pier itself. These include the Art Institute, Chicago Riverwalk, Millennium Park, and more. The service is available every day between Memorial Day weekend and Labor Day weekend.
- Is there free parking at the hotel?
Guests who stay at the hotel have discounted parking of $53 per night with in-and-out privileges until 5 pm the day of departure. You will need to get your parking ticket validated at the front desk and use that same ticket for the whole week.
- It will be my first time at the DWU conference! What do I do?
Don’t worry! We will have mentors, and they will be able to guide you! And, on the first day of the conference, July 27th, DWU will have an orientation for first-time attendees.
- I see the DWU Community Meeting scheduled at the conference. Am I a DWU member?
Yes, you are! The registration fee already includes the DWU membership. We encourage you to attend the DWU Community Meeting. You can VOICE and VOTE! And even run for the DWU Board!
- Will CEUs be offered and how many CEUs will be available during the conference?
Many of the conference details are still being finalized.
- What is included in my registration?
- Opening Ceremony cruise on Lake Michigan
- Opening and Closing Keynote Speakers
- DWU membership for 2 years (2023-2025)
- Deaf Women History
- Art Extravaganza
- Closing Ceremony Gala Dinner with cake auction
- Lunch on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday
- I am staying at the hotel. Does the hotel provide free breakfast?
Yes! The hotel provides breakfast for the guests who stay at the hotel.
- Thursday and Friday dinner is not included.
No, dinner is not included on Thursday and Friday nights. You are free to go and try Chicago’s famous and finest restaurants and see why Chicago is a great city!
- I see that we will have an opening ceremony on a cruise on Lake Michigan. When is it? And is it included in the registration?
Yes, we will be cruising away on Lake Michigan, swallowing in the view of Chicago’s famous skyline, and watching the fireworks. It will be on Wednesday, July 26, 2023. Deaf Women of Chicago is gifting the cruise night to those who registered for the conference. More details about the cruise event will be shared soon.
- What is the dress code for the Gala dinner on Saturday night?
Roaring 1920s- more information about the Gala dinner will be shared soon.
- What is the DWU conference theme?
“Soar with the Wind”
- Who do I contact for other questions?
Julia Anderson and Carol Nemecek-Kowalski, Conference Chairs
- What is there to do in Chicago near the hotel?
Chicago Theatre District:
John Hancock Center:
John Hancock Center:
Willis Tower (formerly Sears Tower):
Millennium Park (The Bean):
PDF FORMAT AVAILABLE: